Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ehhhhhh.......

I've found myself writing fewer substantial blogs, and more "bits and pieces" blogs. Nobody seems to mind, so...

*What the fuck. I mean, really. What the fuck. The restaurant in which I work displays two options: a meal or an entree. And, as I expected, I got the usual ridiculous tripe: "What do you mean by entree?" "I'll have the chicken salad meal, the entry. (Yes, they pronounce it as "entry.")" "I want the entree, but I want it with a side salad and an iced tea." Why, FSM? Why must I be surrounded by idiots? I don't like to wish harm on anyone, but I have to make my future secure. So I'm going to say it: the food we serve is, shall we say, less than healthy. So there is a good chance that the population of Clods will level off eventually.

*Another thing...I had a young woman order a chicken salad sandwich, then almost shit herself when she read that it was around 700 calories. "Why is it so high?! I thought it was healthy!!" I'm thinking, "Yes, because anything that's swimming with mayonnaise and laden with egg yolks just whittles down your waistline, you stupid bitch." Duh, people! If you are concerned about dietary guidelines, look at the nutritional menu BEFORE you order! We have them available for your convenience! If you have questions, ask us (or preferably, your doctor).

*A few of my coworkers gave me shit for my dating standards. I already have a wonderful guy, so I am not looking. But, for the sake of argument, let's say I was. Here are my standards: must not have kids, must not want kids, must be liberal, must be older than I am (at least 5 years, but no more than 20), must not be employed at the same place as I am, must accept the fact that I am Agnostic, must be pro-choice, must have a sense of humor, must be faithful, must be reliable, must treat me with respect, and white is preferred. Keep in mind, this is for MY personal relationship, which affects nobody else. Immediately, I am labeled as a racist freak. Whatever. One of my coworkers is 5 years younger than I am, he works with me, he's African-American, and he's a "playa." Four strikes against him. He's used to having women flock to him, and I have more self-respect than that, and I guess he hates it. Oh well. Call me what you will; I stand by my standards. I've spent years upon years trying to make everyone else happy; it's time for ME to be happy (and I am now :) ). If everyone else is so insecure that they have to criticize everyone else's choices, then that's their problem, not mine.

*I am my own God. Only I can decide my destiny. Sure, I'm going to have some help along the way, but ultimately, my life is what I make of it. And that goes for everyone else. Believe any deity you please, but to make it in this world, you've got to take responsibility for yourself.

*All day yesterday, I worried about my SIMS. Sad, right? I was concerned about my child-Sim's grades slipping, and about one of my adult-Sim's relationships failing. See what happens when I have few friends down here? Haha!

*I'm all about DIY. I want to learn to sew and knit so I can make my own clothes, accessories, and the like. I already make my own jewelry. It would be much cheaper, more fulfilling, and they'd make great conversation starters.

*I own more books than I do shoes. Take that, you shoe-hating shopaphobe! (You know who you are!)

*I don't get breeders. They cry and whine about why we don't think their baybees are the second coming of Christ, but if we do show attention, they become resistant! Sure, this is understandable; there are a lot of creeps out there. But this was completely innocent. A young child in a stroller said "Hi" to my boyfriend, and he did the polite thing and said, "Hello" back to the child. The mother gave my boyfriend a disgusted look and immediately turned the stroller around. Sooooo......alright, then.

*I can't wait until the season premiere of "Bridezillas." I'll be honest...I'm not exactly a big fan of weddings. I regret that I had a wedding when I married my first husband. When I realized what a pain in the ass one day was (and this was a small, cheap-o wedding!), and when I kept thinking about when it was all going to end so I could leave, I began to realize what bullshit weddings are, and that it's no reason to make a big deal (and a big dent in your savings...$25,000 for a wedding? Forget that!) about. However, I do enjoy seeing catty, spoiled bitches make a mountain out of a molehill because one of their bridesmaids refuses to stuff her bra.

*I don't care for weddings. I do, however, believe in marriage. I'd love to marry again. The next time around, I think I'll elope somewhere far away and not tell anyone until I come back home. Or even do the courthouse thing. Having a wedding is absolutely out of the question.

*I miss my Maryland friends. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

*I'd totally move back to DC, but two things are stopping me: the expensive cost of living and my distaste for cold weather.

*Out of ramblings already. Damn. More to come later!

No comments: