Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ramblingswrgbfheringverg.....

*I was so excited to be able to take the scenic route home today...until it became overcast and rainy. Granted, my area has been under a dry spell as of late, and we desperately need the rain.

*I got in trouble with my manager because I check for ID when people pay with credit cards. Yes, you read correctly. When a card says "Check ID," and I check for ID, the management hates it while the customers truly appreciate it. I'd be rich if I had a penny for every customer that says, "Thank you so much for asking for [my ID]! I have it on here for a reason; nobody asks anymore!" Sadly, I have a few bills and a fantabulous childfree lifestyle to support, so I had no choice but to listen to my boss. It pained me every time I had to swipe a credit card without checking for identification. Fortunately, no customers gave me grief. I also remember an incident a couple of weeks ago when a gentleman got visibly upset when a new cashier didn't check for his ID. Another manager came to his defense and said, "We don't check IDs here. We trust everyone." Head. Desk. Times. Three. All I can say is that these people are SO lucky that they don't run a pr0n shop/brothel/bar/etc.

*What the hell is it with Southerners and sweetened iced tea? It tastes like sugary tobacco spit! (At least by itself) Cut that out!

*And what is it with breeder hicks who think they're soooooo proper? I had one lady try to impress me by saying, with her nose in the air, "I'll have an Arnold Palmer." I said, "Okay," and handed her a lemonade and iced tea mix. She looked slightly shocked that I wasn't just another dumb college kid, and that I'm somewhat wordly. BTW...ordering a drink named after some golfer doesn't make you sophisticated; it makes you look stupid. Hell, you can even buy jugs of Arnold Palmer's oh-so-famous drink at the local Publix.

*Oh, and families....quit leaving your tremendous messes for us to clean up. Granted, it's our job to have a pleasant experience for you guys, but when you bitch about a dirty restaurant, it's your own fault. We open with a clean restaurant. YOU are the ones who stink up the bathrooms, leave trash everywhere, and let your fugly ass babies throw half-chewed food all over the floor. Leaving your shit for us does not make you look socially superior, it makes you look like a slovenly pig who doesn't take care of themselves. We also come to the conclusion that your house looks just as bad (or worse) as the way you leave our restaurant. So grow the fuck up and clean up your shit.

*It's God's will to go forth and multiply, is it? Well, maybe your God should have made the Earth sustainable for all of his chylldrun to survive, huh? This world is overpopulated, and it won't be much longer before there is a threat to our natural resources. And who is to blame? People like you! And people like this! And cut the crap about, "That's okay, we'll go to Heaven and rejoice!" Bull. Shit. If God was prepared, he could have at least made another planet that was livable for us to survive and live out his word. But nooooo....the real world doesn't work that way, folks. Go to college, not church.

*Your children are not special. Deal.

*To the rest of my college-student peers who have to deal with wage-earning bullshit: hang in there. The lifers are jealous, miserable, and will be doing the same old crap 10 years after they die. We, however, will move on, have great educations, fabulous jobs, disposable income, and we will be making OUR managers remake our sandwich 3 times because they just couldn't get it right! Or...maybe we feel like jerking them around. It's all good!

*The end...more coming soon, I'm sure!

1 comment:

thelowpriceleader said...

Sorry, but it is against your store's merchant agreement with the credit card companies to be requiring all credit card customers to show ID. In addition, cards that are not signed or say "See ID" are not valid. Those cards are not to be accepted.

You are supposed to compare the signature on the card with the signature on the receipt to verify the cardholder's identity. If the signatures do not match, then you would be needing to ask for ID.

These are the rules of the credit card companies; not my rules, and not your rules to change by forcing everyone to unnecessarily show ID.

http://usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/card_present.html

You can report merchants who require ID (maybe your store got reported in the past... which involves a monetary fine...): http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/contactus/merchantviolations.html