Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oh no, I didn't! Oh yes, I did!

*sigh* What. A. Day.

I really don't think I have encountered so much rudeness in one day in my entire life. Here's what happened:

*I'm at the register during a lunch rush about to assist a couple, but as they come to my station, 4 little brats, summoned by their dopey father, come to me with coupons in hand, begging for their free ice creams. I summon the couple, who look pretty pissed about being disrespected (rightfully so), as they make a hand motion that gives me permission to service these little shits first. The kids keep yelling, "We want ice cream! We want ice cream!" So I reply, "Here's what's going to happen. I will get you your ice cream, but first, I am going to help these people first, because they were nice enough not to cut in line!" And with that, I summon the couple, who look pleasantly surprised. The children were crestfallen for the three minutes before I handed them their ice creams. The dad didn't really care either way, he was staring out in space sipping his god-awful sweet tea (oh, you Southerners!).

*During this same lunch rush, 10 minutes later, a 10-year-old boy comes to me with his free ice cream coupon. I give him the ice cream. He stares at the ice cream with disdain, gives me a dirty look, then walks away. Oh hell no! I immediately leave my station, not giving a damn if it's busy, and go straight to the table where the boy and his mother are (and another woman, probably another moo friend of hers). I say, "Your son was rude and gave me a dirty look. The two cows proceed to laugh. "It's not funny," I reply sternly. As soon as the moos shut up, I turned to the boy and said sharply, "If you don't want the ice cream, then give it back to me....now!" The boy hesistantly hands the ice cream to me. I snatch it, and return to my post. At that point, I wouldn't have cared if I got a complaint, and surprisingly, I didn't. It's ironic, because breeders are usually the first people to bitch when someone hurts their pweshus Aiden's feelings.

*Later that evening, when it wasn't too busy, I tried to be as friendly as possible to this toothless, hillbilly couple with a baby. I said, in my friendliest voice, "Hi, how are you today?" "Would you care for a refill?" "Is there anything I can get for you?" The husband was polite to me, his moo cow wife just kind of stared at me. Maybe she was high on moonshine, I don't know. When I noticed the moo getting up to leave with her baby, I was about to wish her a good night until I noticed that she left her table completely trashed. I said, "Thanks so much for cleaning up! I'd love to see your house sometime!" The moo continued to go out the door, ignoring me.

*After my shift, I decided to go to McDonald's for their fries. I needed cheap and quick food, and since I am a veggie, this is the only palatable food at McDonald's (at least to me). So I go to the register and order a large fry from the indifferent cashier, and then I sit down with my food. 2 minutes later, I realize that I do not want to eat in a dirty restaurant with screaming kids, so I put my fries in the paper bag, then put it in my purse. As I leave, I notice the cashier pointing to me and saying to her coworker, quite loudly, "That fat girl ate all those fries so fast!" Oh hell fuck no! I march up to the counter to the cashier and say, "Excuse me, young lady, what was that?" The cashier flings her long, fake nails and says, "I jussaid you ate the food all fast and errthang, dassawl." "'That fat girl,' right?" I say. The cashier just rolls her eyes and scoffs. I reply, "And that's why you're going to be working here for the rest of your life, because of your fucking attitude!" As the cashier's eyes widen with shock, I, using very deliberate movements, take the fries out of my purse and and pour them on the counter. "You can eat these crusty fries. Maybe you'll eat them faster than I did!" And with that, I storm out, all while hearing the cashier complain about having to clean up the mess. I didn't even bother asking for my $1.75 back. Mature of me? No. Classless? Maybe. Deserved? Oh hell yes!

Lately I've just been having this "I don't give a fuck" attitude, and I wasn't going to let a bunch of morons get away with being assholes. Nope.

2 comments:

Stepher said...

BEST BLOG EVER.

You dumped your fries?! GOOD FOR YOU! What a punkass rude bitch.

And the kid w/the ice cream? Oh fuck no.

I think we would make a helluva team working together. Granted we may not last long at one job, but we can always find different ones.

I lubs you.

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn I left a comment here. No? Dammit! I suck.

Anyway, I had planned to tell you the story of a friend of mine who works in the shop next to the shop that I work at. You know that there are unruly little children running around the mall I work at, and their entitlement moomies and duurdies do nothing to curb their bad behavior. My friend reached his breaking point with one particularly obnoxious monster brat, and told it to stop running and screaming in the hall. The brat's moomie was all "How dare you yell at my child" and my friend was all "I dare because he's breaking the mall rules" and the moo was all "I just can't believe how horrible you were to my little pwecious" and my friend was all "What're you going to do about it, call the police?" And the moo was all "well maybe I will!" My friend just laughed... yeah, call the po-po on someone who was enforcing the rules. Reallly smart.

I've taken to the same behavior. I just can't tolerate rudeness anymore. I don't ask for much, just, you know, respect and decency.

And what you did to those McDonald's bitches... that was made of pure, uncut, prime-grade WIN.